Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Trouble With Tenk-ish (November the 8th)

Journal,

What a long day this has turned out to be.

This evening witnessed a very interesting confrontation between Miss Charise Adderstein and Mr Reed Darkfold. Poor Miss Adderstein seems to have caught that dread bug that is always floating in the air in Babbage. I have seen it a few times in the city so far, particularly around Dr O[insertcorrectspellinghere]. These poor women just go ga-ga for these dark, mysterious and potentially dangerous gents.

I'm certain Miss Adderstein will come to her senses, perhaps. If not I do hope she keeps her tussles within sight of me! I found the whole event delicious, and really, after catching that gent following me around, I'm glad someone is disturbing HIS sleep!

As for me, alas, no dark and mysterious stranger has caught my eyes (although I must admit, Mr Tenk did look quite handsome all decked out for the town hall meeting yesterday, but perhaps what I like about him is that he is completely unavailable. It certainly saves me a lot of effort and trouble.). Instead my eyes have been fixed elsewhere.

And no, I do not mean on Mr. Footman, who can be very sweet I'm sure, I just haven't seen that in him.

I mean on work.

Do you know, journal, it never occurred to me that on my little expeditions I might actually learn anything. And what I have seen hints at something terrible. The trouble being, who would I tell?

And the answer is, no one, you stupid girl.

It's too risky.

In the meantime I managed to find Skyler (after checking every pub in town) and passed a heavy warning on to him to stay away from Gloom and Underby. Do you know, I think he is starting to trust me? He didn't shoot me, which is at least a fine start (I certainly did not want to be shot!). He did say the most peculiar thing to me, I believe it went something like, "Oy, hows comes everyone's thinkin' you're so nice 'n stuff?"

Honestly, who DOES teach these children how to speak?

Right, to bed with me. The ale drags the hour long or somesuch.

~S.McB.

No comments:

Post a Comment