Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Musings on Murders (Journal Entry October 29)

Journal,

What an odd week this is turning out to be.

First, Dr. O's former Paramour was murdered at the ball.

Second, I met a lovely gentleman with large muttonchops.

Third, A woman was found dead on the waterfront.

Fourth, Mr. Tenk is acting odd.

Fifth, do I even need a fifth? Oh well, all right, I've not seen those Priests in days.

And really, it's only Wednesday. What a dreadful thought.

So, no news at all on the Priest One and Priest Two.

I have to say that what concerns me most is the Clockwinder's behavior. I've seen him a few times now staring at the posters of Mr Underby that have cropped up everywhere. He keeps saying that it feels like they are watching him. Perhaps he is troubled, which, given his leadership of the town would not suit me at all, I much prefer a sane Mayor and a mad Emperor.

I am tempted to travel to Steeltopia to inquire of the militia there as to the crimes of Mr Underby, but, given how much trouble flying the Ulysses in poor weather can be, I am hesitant.

Who was this Underby fellow anyway, where did he come from? Is he really dead? Who did he kill? Why am I asking all these questions? Curiosity did kill the four-legged-mammal-starting-with-the-letter-C.

As to the woman found dead on the docks, she seemed to have been quite new in town. She was stabbed and bled to death, poor dear. Someone mentioned a note with an "X" on it, but I have not heard that mentioned anywhere else. Was she a random act of violence or a planned attack?

There was one odd incident (and odd information given) which I'm afraid to mention here. I need time to think about it all. I feel like I'm holding several pieces, but I'm not sure they all go to the same puzzle.

As to Miss. M, I suspect there were enough witnesses to her murder that it will be solved quite quickly. I am very interested in seeing how that all plays out.

Well...I'd best turn in, I think I just heard the 1am train pull out.

No comments:

Post a Comment