Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Snow (November 29, Morning)

Journal,

Snow has officially fallen in New Babbage. The sights are now made new and charming in a very cold and slippery way. I have spent most days perched before the fires at the CocoJava sipping various hot drinks and chatting with the others who come in stomping the snow from their boots.

My brother has been keeping regular contact and I have spent many long afternoons copying out runes from books onto large sheets of clean paper and sending them back to him. His handwriting is horrible so I can see why he needs me to do it, but I will be happy when the terms of my service are completed.

I made the long and dangerous walk to Clockhaven yesterday to have a little chat with Mr. Underby only to discover he'd been trapped in a snow-drift. He looked almost like a poorly made snowman, with that top-hat of his and his eyes the only thing visible above the drift. I tried to hide my amusement (he really did look *very* funny!) and cleared the snow away from his face so he could breathe and was just about to explain why I couldn't possibly dig him out with my bare hands when Tinus, Mr. Tenk and Mr Wirefly appeared with shovels.

I am not sure that there wasn't something suspicious about the three of them, but they did eventually help him out. I am afraid Mr. Underby was too affected by the event to have a proper conversation so I made him a pot of tea and sent him off to bed with a stern warning to keep warm. I shall send him a package of lemon-infused tea first thing this afternoon, I think.

Well, I think it is time for my own morning cuppa.

~S. MacB.

No comments:

Post a Comment