Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Preparations & Doubts (Journal November 16)

Journal,

I have done the best I can to prepare for trouble.

It has been hinted at that Underby might have the militia in his pocket, so I have packed a bag and hidden it. I am ready to take to the underground at a moment's notice.

Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

I saw Tenk yesterday. What is it about him? He reminds me of someone...I cannot remember who.

I must go, I have business to attend to.

~S.McB.

((an entry later in the same day))

Journal,

Completed a mission for the Clockwinder, for what good that did.

Listened in on more conversations.

Am I loosing my mind?

I'm suddenly doubting that Underby isn't exactly what he says he is.

I am, still, all but prepared to burn his home to the ground. I think he has ill intentions toward Tenk yet...yet...

What have I seen? One small incident, and that was doubtful.

Since then I have heard him fret on the town's dislike of him, care for Gill and even be very kind to Tenk (although I think having our mayor sleep in a box is suspect). I don't know what I heard going on with Tenk in the attic...but my experience with magic workers is that they deal in spells they don't understand and that means they can have unintended consequences.

Perhaps I am feeling disheartened, I must have had this romantic notion that Tinus would sweep in and all would be well.

Which is not what happened.

I think this means it's time for a change of tactics.

Tomorrow I am going to confront Underby myself.

That man is evil, I am positive.

If the confrontation goes poorly, well...my bag is hidden in Clockhaven, it'll be easy enough to fetch it and flee.

~S.McB.

P.S. Town has not taken kindly to those letters that were sent out. Has he enchanted the entire place in some way?

No comments:

Post a Comment