Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Journal March the Third

Dear Journal,

Yesterday I was up quite early, making my tea and breakfast and when I went upstairs to eat it who should I discover in my flower box but Pip!

Oh! It was good to see him, though the poor thing is hardly more than skin and bones. Pip was very straightforward with me as to his reasons for being there: he had been sent by Mr. Underby to spy. Granted, he told me that after he had asked me a very curious question about my other half, but I’m sure I didn’t give him anything too useful.

Of course, I shall take his warnings to heart (I wonder if the Underbys are quite aware of his little habit of undermining them? I shan’t ever tell.). Though, I cannot see, with Mr. Underby gone, how much trouble that wife of his could possibly be.

Never-the-less, I shall let Kaylee know what Pip has told me. It’ll only make her more nervous, I fear, but it’s better than letting something catch us off-guard.

~S. MacB.

No comments:

Post a Comment