Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A Civil Discussion (Journal December 3)

Journal,

After a somewhat enlightening conversation with young Gil (who is now, evidently, apprenticed to Mr Underby) I decided I must have a frank discussion with he pale gent myself.

I was, naturally, hesitant to make my way across Clockhaven as the snow has fallen quite heavily there and it is rather slippery. However, I felt that action was needed so I made my way carefully to that grim man's cold corner of the world.

I tapped delicately on his door and, as is the custom among the civilized people of the world, inquired as to his health. For whatever reason he was disinclined to invite me in (I suspect he had a client as he was quite abrupt with me) so we had to talk on the front step in the cold.

I then very politely asked him to reconsider an employment choice which he had made recently and suggested that it would be for his own good if he did so. He seems to be slipping a bit as he indicated he had no idea what I was talking about. I reminded him that I was rather more aware of his doings than others in the town were and that "proof" of indiscretions was hardly needed to gain an accusation and conviction (Look at poor Mr Gant!).

At that point he suggested that I take my leave as he was quite busy and I did so without further ado.

What an odd man. I do hope he'll take my suggestions to heart.

~S. MacB.

No comments:

Post a Comment