Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A Marvelous Weekend (Journal January 25, Morning)

Journal,

Oh! What a marvelous weekend!

I must admit, I am feeling I made the right decision about not leaving town.

On Saturday there was the Aiship Regatta, which was very exciting. How I wish the Ulysses was a swift bird, I should loved to have put her through her paces! Mr. Pip kept me company, as usual, he is so very much fun to spend time around. What I wouldn't give to have the assurance that he won't betray me in the end. Still, I a so fond of him I probably won't hold it against him, it's not as though he could help it.

Then, of course, in the evening there was the Black & White ball. It felt so good to dust off one of my old gowns and give the thing a twirl. For a change, there were plenty of partners to be had and, I have to admit, I probably danced with all the most charming! Unfortunately, at one point, Father Pizzaro arrived and I'll admit, coward that I am, I nearly fled the ball to go hide beneath my bed. Fortunately the charming Miss Dagger must have sensed my distress and asked me to dance. As he was leaving I told her the brief tale of what had happened and she turned to give him a measured look, I'm surprised he didn't turn to stone on the spot! I am so very fond of Miss Jed, she lives just across the street from me and is often over for afternoon tea and, of course, her offer to help me with my "father problem" has only endeared her further to me. In fact, I've had overwhelming support from my friends on this, it's so comforting.

I'm feeling far more confident about the entire situation.

Grendel arrived late, but made up for it by keeping me up until the sun was prepared to rise again! Oh! I nearly danced my feet off! I do have such a nice time when Mr. Footman is around, I realize he is my employer, but I think if he weren't, then we should still be friends. I had been keeping the Father-issue from Grendel simply because I didn't think it involved him at all (and because I should be devistated if he did anything stupid and got himself in trouble) but he told me that Pizzaro (that man again!) had been hovering around the Laboratory just that day. So I told him what happened. He became quite protective, it was really very sweet.

Sunday, of course, was a day of work. I thought that I would work on the garden wall, so I put on my grubbiest clothing and set to putting stone to stone. Fortunately Mr. Wirefly came along and gave me some assistance, otherwise it would have been a primtastic mess a disaster. Afterwords I gave myself, and the hearth, a good scrubbing and went to the Champagne Rooms for the evenings entertainment and then returned home to collapse on my bed. Goodness! What a weekend!

Oh! I nearly forgot! I met the most curious man today, a Mr. Spiritweaver. We spoke earlier in the day at the Cocojava (amid a lively crowd there!) and then I saw him again at the Champagne Rooms, where he asked me to dance. There is something about him that is tugging at the corner of my mind...perhaps we have met before? Or is it something in his movement that is reminding me of someone else?

I am sure it will come to me.

~S. MacB.

No comments:

Post a Comment