Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A Day Off (Journal November 14)

Journal,

I am feeling much better today, it is odd how these headaches come and go. Perhaps I eat or drink something that causes them thought I can't imagine what...

I decided to take the entire day off, and what a joy it was.

I danced, I chatted, I didn't have to worry about shedding on my own carpet.

It's troublesome being two people at once.

Even better, the conversation swayed in such a way as I got to start casting some suspicion on Mr Underby without casting it on myself. I can be quite clever, if I do say so myself.

While at the Cocojava I was still in my dance clothes and getting cold and Mr Osterham was kind enough to wrap his coat around my shoulders.

I also got the impression that every time I looked up he was watching me, which for a girl in my position can be troublesome.

Still, as the evening wore on I bid goodnight to him and Ceejay (I returned his coat, of course) and retired to my apartment.

I fell asleep almost instantly but was awoken by a strange sound. I went to the hallway to investigate and discovered #11 (The Pengi Mr Footman has put to keep an eye on me, for my own good he says) with half a letter in it's mouth and a bouquet of roses tossed carelessly to his feet.

I did not recover much of the letter, in fact, here is all I reovered:

[torn-up rest of letter]....all?

Sincerely,

~Mr. C. Osterham.

What the rest of the letter said, I haven't the faintest idea. But, clearly the flowers came with it.

I have them in a vase now (having convinced #11 that they are not dangerous, which is not easy) and they are really very lovely and the whole room now smells of them.

What a good day.

Mr Underby does not seem suspicious, I got to spend the day fur-free and received flowers to boot.

What could possibly go wrong?

~S.MacB.

No comments:

Post a Comment